About Me

About Me

Gardener, Writer

A former English teacher and bookseller, I now work as a self-employed gardener (National Certificate in Horticulture) and write poetry, plays and essays. My writing credits can be viewed here. I have had two poetry books and two poetry pamphlets published by various publishers. I was a co-translator of Alain-Fournier:Poems (Carcanet). I commissioned and edited Four American Poets (The High Window Press) and was a co-editor at The High Window (2016-2018). My essays can be read at the Fortnightly Review. I enjoy cycling, fell-running, sea swimming, dog-walking, jazz, travel, reading, horticulture and garden design.

12.5.15

Books




Picture, Mirror, World (Calder Valley Poetry, 2019)
https://caldervalleypoetry.com/book-shop/


I Freeze, Turn to Stone: The Poems of Vincent van Gogh (Poetry Salzburg, 2018)
https://thehighwindowpress.com/2018/10/08/anthony-costello-i-freeze-turn-to-stone/





Alain-Fournier:Poem (Carcanet, 2017)




Angles & Vision 
High Window Press, March 2016



  • The Mask,
    Lapwing Publications, Belfast, 2014 

  • Schrödinger's Tail
    (with 50 illustrations), Lapwing Publications, 2015...pending  

Self Published

  • Schrödinger's Cat, 2012
    Martin Rees, Professor of AstroPhysics at Cambridge University, called these 'highly original poems'.

  • Dreaming Tigers
    (a book of travel poems), 2013 

  • Here and Elsewhere
    (an adaptation of Yves Bonnefoy's L'Arrieres-pays), 2013

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it a lot. Please do more blogs in the future. Thank you and God bless to the blogger!

    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete